Sunday, February 26, 2012

Phase #1: Losing Weight Without Diet and Exercise - K.I.S.S.


Webster's dictionary defines "diet" as "a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight." You'll see in this blog that I did not do that!

How it Began

It all began with my daughter’s Godfather when he dropped by came by the house for my daughter’s birthday party.  He did not want to eat any cake or ice cream because he was on a sugar fast as part of his Christian music group in preparation for a concert. 

I mentioned to my oldest kid that one day I wanted to “fast” sugar just to see what kind of impact it would have on me.  So it was then that I decided to do it.   I “fasted” as I describe below under K.I.S.S. for 6 weeks and felt so good, I decided to keep it going!

K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Short and Simple.  I’ve told you in earlier posts how I roll – I don’t do calorie counting, weigh-ins, diet drinks, etc.

So to keep it simple, if the ingredients had sugar or high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in the food labels, I didn’t eat or drink it.  I also learned about all the all the other names for sugar like sucrose, glucose, cane sugar, cane juice, dextrose, corn syrup, brown sugar, corn syrup, corn syrup solids, caramel  – and if it was listed in the label, I wouldn’t eat or drink it.

Finally, I didn’t do any diet drinks/food with artificial sweeteners!  So, if there was aspartame/NutraSweet, splenda/sucralose, saccharin, Equal, etc., in the ingredients on the label, I wouldn’t eat or drink it.

What Is Acceptable

I considered all fruit sugar to be acceptable for me to eat and drink.  I did not make any distinction between juices from concentrate or fresh squeezed juices.  As far as I was concerned, juice is juice!

Meat, veggies, nuts, oats, rice, potatoes, are also considered acceptable.  Of course if you read the label and it has sugar, HFCS, or any of those other sugar names I mentioned before, it would not be acceptable

Read my future blog posts where I’ll talk about Initial Struggles, Reading Food Labels, Food and Drink Swaps, and topics such as Holidays and Restaurants.   Keep an eye out for videos that will show you how I read labels.  I will also talk about my 3 simple keys to success in losing my 1st 30 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment