Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Top 5 Benefits to Avoiding Sugar & High Fructose Corn Syrup in My Diet

This is probably the most important post for Phase #1 of my weight loss.  Here I will talk about the top 5 benefits that I realized from avoiding sugar and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) during Phase #1 of my weight loss. 

The Benefits are summarized below.  The videos below expound on these benefits.

Benefit #1:  I drank a lot more water.  This was not by willpower, but by default, since the sources for sugar & HFCS were eliminated!

Benefit #2:  I ate less food.  Again, this was not by willpower, but because my body started to let me know when I was full, so I stopped eating.  No more late night cravings that I felt like I had to satisfy!
 

Video #1:  Benefits 1 & 2







Benefit #3:  I started eating healthier.  This was not by willpower, but by default, after eliminating the sources of sugar & HFCS.

Benefit #4:  I started losing weight.  I lost 30 pounds in 4 months without exercising! 

Again, this was by default, meaning, I wasn't monitoring my weight or anything.  The weight just started falling off - my clothes were getting too big!  Check out my Weight Management Timeline for Phase #1.

Also, click here to see my "Before & After" pics.

Benefit #5:  I had more energy.  Before starting Phase #1 of my weight loss, I would get tired walking up the stairs.  After Phase #1 of my weight loss, not only would I have energy going up the stairs, I would play with my young daughter & not get tired!




Video #2:  Benefits 3 - 5



Turns out these benefits also fit into the K.I.S.S. method - Keep it Short & Simple - where they happened by default, not by willpower.  If anything, the hardest part was making the initial decision to avoid sugar & HFCS, then figuring out what to eat & drink instead.

Hopefully, I've provided enough info on this blog about what to eat/drink instead of consuming items with sugar/HFCS in it. 

Click here for ideas to replace sugar & HFCS.  And remember to keep up with the blog for recipes ideas and other updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment